www.flickr.com

Thursday, September 4

One More Day

Dear Dad,
If I had just one more day with you I'd take you to your grand-daughters wedding. I'd watch your face as you watched her walk down the isle. What's that Dad? Is that tears in your eyes? I remember the tears in your eyes when I got married. I was the first daughter you so proudly walked down the isle and now this is your first grand child to get married. I know how proud you will be. You made Troy feel really good when he came out and you worked on the car with him, he often talks about it. I know that you'd dance with the bride with a huge smile on your face. You'd slow dance with Mum with that look of love in your eyes, like you always have. You would be so happy and proud of your family, seeing them altogether having a great time. I would love to just watch you!
If I had one more day, I'd beg you to give us time to say goodbye, not to leave us so suddenly. The shock of losing you still haunts us all, when I talked to Rach the other night she said she struggles with it everyday, as do I and of course Mum. Oh Dad, if I could just hold you one last time and hear the words 'I love you', well there just isn't anything I wouldn't give up for that.
I keep telling myself that you'll be there watching over us all and that you will still have that smile on your face but it just won't be the same without. We never imagined such an important family event without you. Rach and I talked and she feels as sad as I do, we both remember how happy you were at our weddings. Mum, Rach and I are going to sneak away for a few moments to tell you that you are in our hearts and we wish you were there. We are going to release a yellow balloon each, we're sending it up to heaven for you Dad because we want to take a moment to honour our sadness at you not being there and to let you know that you are in our thoughts every moment.
If tears could build a stairway
and memories were a lane,
We would walk all the way to Heaven,
to bring you home again
No farewell words were spoken,
no time to say good-bye
You were gone before we knew it,
and only God knows why
Our hearts ache in sadness,
and secret tears still flow
What is meant to lose you,
no one will ever know
Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment