www.flickr.com

Tuesday, April 8

Books, Books and More Books

I need to publicly shame myself, I have bought about 20 books in the last month and probably the same the previous month. Now when you consider that I probably read about four a month, that would mean that I have purchased almost enough to read for the entire year! Not to mention I probably already had enough books on my bookshelf to keep me going for a year. Now, really, you might find this hard to believe but it's true. I have a lot of unread books, I have even bought books for my BF to read because she liked a series and I gave her the first to read before me. So I bought the rest of the set for her to read and me to 'get to'. This happened with Dianna Gibaldon's 'Cross Stitch' series and Sara Donati's 'Into the Wilderness' series.
So I need to stop buying books and read only what's in my TBR (to be read) pile! I have already picked 5 books for this month, although I think that will be a stretch because a couple of them are quite large. I finished the new Jodi Picoult 'Change of Heart' today. You will find my book review here (no spoilers).
Now all I have to do is decide what to read next. I think maybe I will go with Jane Austin's Pride and Prejudice as I have a couple of novels coming from Amazon that are sequels to it (obviously not written by Jane Austen).

No comments:

Post a Comment