www.flickr.com

Wednesday, December 5

Silly Season

I have deliberately avoided doing a post about Christmas coming so soon. Why? Well when I read blogs about how soon Christmas is then it just makes me feel crazy because I feel so unprepared. I've done very little Christmas shopping, I know what presents I'm buying but haven't actually and gone out and made many purchases. I have some of the girls presents and I know what I'm getting the boys. Ian and I are not really doing Christmas presents for each other this year and we've told the girls just to buy for their brothers. It's not that I don't want to celebrate Christmas. In fact, I am really looking forward to it, but I guess, this year it really is about just being together. This will be the first time in a long time that we are staying home and having 'just us'. I want to go to the movies Christmas Eve, just like we used to and I want to have a big baked dinner with all the extras for Christmas Dinner. I want to play on the Sing Star on PS2 and play board games with my boys.
The most important thing for me is to appreciate that we are all here together. No Dad won't be stopping in to bring the kids presents and watch them open them but I think he'll still see them anyway. I don't want to spend the day feeling sad, I want to spend the day being thankful for all that I do have! So merry Christmas all, I truly hope that you take the time on Christmas day to appreciate the people you love, I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment