www.flickr.com

Saturday, May 2

Recession Busters

Meaning: recession is a general slowdown in economic activity in a country over a sustained period of time.

In my house we've been having a 'housework' recession, it's not the general housework, I get that done just fine. For me, it's mostly the clutter that has slowly built around the place. It's hiding in cupboards, drawers, on top of cupboards. Now some people would look around my house and think it's not that bad, but if I showed them inside a couple of large cupboards they might be shocked.

Yes I have my reasons, I had 2 quarters in an emotional down turn and I just haven't been able to recover. The point is, the clutter has been bothering me for a while now, but I just didn't know where to start and the job seem overwhelming so I've just put it off.

Last night I watched a new show on Foxtel (cable TV) called Lush House, it's on the Lifestyle channel. Australian author Shannon Lush teaches families to clean their house in 15 minutes a day! Easy? Well not exactly, before you can use Sharon's techniques you have to declutter. My problem is not keeping the house tidy or cleaning, which I do once a week on a Monday, it's that the clutter in my cupboards, that is hiding prevents me from enjoying the clean house feeling because I know that I need to do the places you can't see.

So what to do?
Run a challenge of course!
Feel free to check it out here. Sign up with me to beat your own recession (whatever that may be).

3 comments:

  1. I love the ide of 15 minutes @ a time... everyday. I do know that I will not get frustrated if I do it for 10 minutes. lol.

    Awesome post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you going to do for your 15 minutes Diane?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, I'm signing up, I think I'll need more than 3 months

    There's an award waiting for you at my place
    http://teddyree-theeclecticreader.blogspot.com/2009/04/heartfelt.html

    ReplyDelete