www.flickr.com

Saturday, April 25

Empathy

Meaning: Empathy is the capability to share and understand another's emotion and feelings. It is often characterized as the ability to "put oneself into another's shoes," or in some way experience what the other person is feeling.

What this doesn't tell you is that if you are a person who feels empathy, it hurts, a lot. This week something happened in my family, well my brother's actually, and he, his partner and their children are going through a lot. This is not my story to tell so I can't got into details but it is causing a lot of pain and suffering throughout the whole family. It is a terrible thing to be so worried about people you love.

So consequently I haven't felt very inspired to create anything at all. In fact, I haven't even been near my scrapping stuff. I know that I should and it might help take my mind off things but while you come to terms with difficulties in your life you don't exactly feel inspired.

My 10 year old son, Kenzie got sick earlier in the week and now he can't stop coughing. So we are off to the Doctors this morning. I knew he needed to go last night when he got all snuggly and didn't want to play Xbox. So this weekend, I will be sitting around with him, having lots of cuddles and looking him after him and watching movies or TV. We were going to go to the movies and see Race to Witch Mountain but we'll have to do that next weekend as he is too sick to go out in public. Oh, I do have a mountain of washing, and I mean a mountain, well maybe not as much as in the previous post but I do have a few loads.

1 comment:

  1. I know it hurts but 'your empathy' is what makes you such a caring person to be around so you just have to do what you can to get through this and know that I'm thinking of you & sending lots of love & courage xx

    ReplyDelete