www.flickr.com

Sunday, January 11

What Have I Been Up To?

For the last couple of months and in particular the past two weeks I've been madly working on a new Book Review Website that I'm contributing to with two other crazy women. This would explain why I haven't done much scrapbooking since November. That will all change when school resumes in two weeks as the itch is getting stronger!

However, in the meantime if you're looking for a new author or just trying to find a good book to read, go and check out Royal Reviews there are dozens of book reviews so you are sure to find something you like.

We've got an air conditioning unit being installed in the only bedroom that didn't have one tomorrow and I'm spending the day with the boys and my Dad. He goes back to Thursday Island on Thursday so tomorrow will be the last time I see him in a while. Getting to know him has been such an unexpected surprise. I find him so easy to talk to and I feel very comfortable around him which is not what I was expecting. Don't get me wrong, it has been very awkward at times but the more time I've spent with him the easier it has become. Last Monday he spent a few hours with me and we were alone for the first time (well except for the boys) and it was really nice and effortless. So I'm looking forward to tomorrow, going to make him my famous Vanilla Slices! I am sad that he is leaving so soon after meeting him but I find it very easy to talk to him on the phone so we'll keep in touch.

Rory has to have another two teeth out on Tuesday, he had three out on Friday. Four of the teeth are adult teeth and one baby tooth all ready for his braces to go on. He has the spacers put on the first day of school in two weeks and then the second week of school the braces go on. He is very excited and so are we. His teeth are dreadful so I can't wait to see him with a gorgeous smile and straight teeth, if the girl's braces are anything to go by his smile will be dramatically improved within the first month.

My youngest son Mackenzie turned 10 on the 4th of January and we had friends and family over to celebrate. I can't believe my baby is 10, time just goes by so fast, reminds me why scrapbooking is so important, to keep those memories fresh.

The last but not least bit of news, is that Kylie and Troy are finally looking for a house to move to. They put in around six applications yesterday so my fingers are crossed that they get one of them. It's not that we don't want them around, it's more that the boys desperately need their own rooms now, especially with Rory starting High School in two weeks. I am also looking forward to cooking for five, two extra people make a huge difference, especially if one of those people is Troy, he has a mountainous appetite.

Well that' all my news for now, I have to go and wash dishes because the dishwasher has broken down again. Tomorrow I have ring up to get a repairman out, can't handle washing mountains of dishes for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment