www.flickr.com

Wednesday, September 17

Girls Just Want to Have Fun

Sometimes life is difficult and you just need to forget all your problems. A day spent in the company of a good friend and her most beautiful little boy is just what you need. This day I spent with Renata at the Soccer Break Up was full of laughter, giggles and chatter. Just for a short time I forgot to worry about my BF and her hubby and waiting for the news of the moles he had removed.
Whilst the news wasn't good, one of the moles was a Melanoma and I took them on Monday night so that he could have a hole the size of a chicken breast cut out of his back. The news that came in today is that they got it all and that the clearance area is good. So now they wait, he has 3 monthly body scans and they hope that no more appear. I spent half the day crying today as it was a very emotional day with lots of things going on and I just really felt overwhelmed with emotion. It is these days that I remember how much I wish my Dad was here. So I am not fighting my emotions anymore, I'm giving in to them and I am in bed, just resting, catching up on some TV shows that I've recorded and cuddling my new Jessica Bear (a gift from Sheree). I'm going to order take out while Ian takes Callum (BF's son) to soccer training and who knows I might even play the new Sims 2 Apartment Life (I was holding off until the holidays). I think this is just such a difficult time when there has been so much death this past year, some days it feels like just one thing after another keeps on happening. I think we all need something great to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Wish I'd been here with you today! Sorry I forgot my phone :-( I know it's been emotional. Just please be kind to yourself and rest when you need to rest! No need to be superwoman.

    Love you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. To the 'sister of my heart', it wouldn't be quite as emotional or quite as painful if we weren't so close. So much has happened (not just with Neil) and it is completely normal to collapse in a heap when the crisis is downgraded. Sending you lots of love and a big hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Traduction : Français » Anglais
    HELLO

    J

    JE SUI ANA PORTUGUESE I AM, BUT I live PARIS.
    Let me leave a comment CAR LOVE YOUR BLOG THAT I OFTEN VISIT

    ANA
    http://artblogracinha.artblog.fr/

    ReplyDelete