www.flickr.com

Thursday, August 14

Just Being Nice to Myself

Just having a relaxing week this week. Being nice to myself and yes it's helping. After having a great family day with my BF's family yesterday, today BF and I spent the day scrapping and eating left over Strawberry Cheesecake (my Dad's favourite) and it was so good. I did this layout for Ian for father's day, it's one of his favourite photos of him and the boys when they were little.
Tomorrow we are going to a card-making day so I am going to make all the father's day cards for the kids. So feeling fairly relaxed at the moment.
Spending the day yesterday with friends was really nice. I think if I'd stayed home I would have spent the day remembering the sad events of a year ago instead of my Dad. The way I did spend the day was much better, I still had my moments of sadness and the feeling of grief threatened to overwhelm me a couple of times but I got through it with people who loved me.
I have to mention my daughter, she lost a lot a year ago as well and I know that she's had a tough couple of days. But I just want her to know that I understand what she's been going through and I'm proud of her as her Grandad would have been also. Love you!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I forgot to look at your layout and I just saw it here. FANTASTIC!!!!! I'm going to come home tonight and just stare at it.

    You are so sweet and you know I could never have made it through this year without you by my side. I love you more :-)

    ReplyDelete