www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 22

Thank You

My Dad taught me that blood is NOT thicker than water. Actually I think it is the water that gives us the sustenance we need for life itself. I have friends and family who have given me the sustenance I have needed to get through these emotional days. Today as I am reminded of a father who taught me so many things and helped shape the person I am, I am also grateful for all the people in my life who truly love me.
I could not have survived these dark days without them, they are the reason I get out of bed, even though there have been many days when they have had to physically help me. I am so grateful that while Dad is not here this Christmas I know that he will be here in spirit and I will be with all the people that I love with all of my heart and soul.
A special thank you to Sheree, my closest and dearest friend. Your support throughout this year has been amazing, you have given me strength and listened to me for countless hours as I process the emotional pain of losing my father and everything else that has happened. It often amazes me that when we have little 'annoyances' at each other, we never needed to fight, we just seem to talk about things a little and then just let it go and get back to 'normal'. I wish I had the ability to do this with everyone I love LOL. Maybe it's because you are the only person I can't bear to not talk to :) I know I won't see you on Christmas Day but please know that if it wasn't for you I would probably not be capable of getting out of bed and celebrating this wonderful day with my family. You are my sister in every sense of the word and I value your friendship and love as much as that of my immediate family. This is the highest position I can offer you, you are my water, just as my Dad was! Love Always, Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment