www.flickr.com

Sunday, July 5

15 Minute Challenge Update

Yes it's been a while since I've put up a post. Firstly I can tell you that the our first Grandchild is due on February 7th, 2010.

Now for an update on the challenge! I had an injury that has put my off my feet for about 10 days now. Initially I was on pretty strong pain meds and didn't do a thing but sleep, don't really remember much about the first 5 days. But this weekend I've been up and about just a little and I decided to really get organised! Last night I read a friends blog and she reminded me to be grateful for what I can do instead of worrying about what I can't and also to stop being so negative, which I think I've become lately.

So I've spent my time studying the FlyLady.net and I've made my control journal. It has taken me hours to do up new phone lists, address lists, daily plans, weekly plans and monthly plans. My printer has been running hot for most of the day! I've been printing off calendars for the next 12 months (very easy to do in Outlook) and all the things I need to keep myself nice and organised. I've always preferred to work to a routine but as I'm getting a little older and have some minor back issues it is harder to do a big clean in one day. I find I'm exhausted by the end and just don't enjoy it like I used to. With this new routine the work is spread out over the whole week so hopefully this will work better for me. I've still got lots more to do but I'm taking baby steps, I've got to back up my computer and photos and music and organise all my recipes to make weekly menu planning easier and I still need to do the all important birthday list. But with the kids on holidays I should get most of it finished this week.

I've also noticed that my Google Reader has gotten a little out of control with it reaching 1000+ in a matter of days, in fact twice last week I had to do mass deletes because I just couldn't get through the posts. I'm not sure why, I haven't started following lots more blogs or anything, maybe it's just everyone has been posting more frequently. The problem is when you spend a few hours a day reading your Google Reader and emails and generally surfing the net, that is a couple of hours I could be reading. So I've decided to seriously reduce my Internet time so that I can get lots more reading done. I have so many great books that I'm just dying to read at the moment.

Well that's all for me today. I'm just watching the first episode of Australian Dancing with the Stars 2009, it's one of my favourite shows! Hope all our US friends had a happy 4th of July! So how are you going with your 15 Minute Challenge?
Alaine Signature Owl 2
This month on Queen of Happy Endings you could win Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran or Blood Promise by Richelle Mead. Check this blog post for all the details. International entrants welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you have been poorly. I hope you feel better soon. Lovely to hear about your future grandchild. I know what you mean about blogging. I have had to cut down how many I reply to as that takes such a long while. You have my interest with Flylady.net - going to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you have been ill. Sorry that I am also a copy cat and followed your link and spent the day making my very own Control Journal now off to shine my sink. Hope you feel alot better real soon. xx

    ReplyDelete